Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ghajini..............


It was just one of those mornings when you wake up and find unfamiliar things surround you. It was as if i was back to bedlam. The dishevelled place brought glimpses of the happenings of the night back to my mind. May be those events that occurred the other night were too much for my brain cells to handle so they chose to just forget them?  

I got out of bed and saw a newspaper lying down on the floor. Surprisingly i could not even remember my own apartment or even the date on the newspaper. It said 14th jan ........ it carried a picture of a bohemian rock star gone havoc on the streets and apparently wearing an oversized diper and running around the streets with a toy green coloured jedi lightsaber cursing some company named Satyam . Why was he doing that ... I just couldn’t comprehend? As far as i remember , Satyam was one of those fortune 500 companies. Why would neone hate some company with the bottom of their heart so much.

As i moved towards the loo i found some medical reports stuck to the door. They said that i had some sort of short term memory loss. OMG!!!!!!! Was that why i couldn’t remember anything? To gainsay that seemed logical at that time. So i just shrugged it aside and went on to do my business.

But as soon as i removed my shirt.... i was horrified to see myself. Apart from the awesome biceps and abs, i had some strange tattoos on my entire body. As i went to the mirror in a bid to look at them i was horrified at what i saw. The one on my (awesome but clean shaven?????) chest said, “You will not get placed“. As i gazed upon the rest of my body i saw more of these tattoos. On my left hand there were a series of numbers 6.32, 5.46, 7.22, 5.25, 4.75 (the last number seemed pretty low) it said these were my GPA’s for the past 2.5 years. Then as i moved my hand forward to reach for the tap ... i found another tattoo there. This one said “there is no water, internet, good food in the mess below “ . This agglomeration of all this new information was too much for me to take.  i rushed outside with the fallacy that this was just a dream. I screamed, broke tube lights, and applied toothpaste on my head all while I was still naked slapping a dozen people on the way.  I was now gravid with doubts about my existence itself.   Knew that i had to do something ... something very important but i just couldn’t put my finger on it.  All this while i was running when my friend’s voice acted as a hiatus which bought me out of my maelstrom. He pointed out that there was something written on my back. It said, “Amir must be killed!!! “. It was then that realization dawned upon me. I started to recollect my memory. It all started when i went to watch Ghajini with my friends. I had so many expectations from this movie. I even thought of getting the Ghajini hair cut. Thankfully i was sane enough back then.  It was such a nugatory and ignominious flick that i felt mortified just by sitting in the theatre. I think that did it for me. Being such a big film buff, the recent films were such a letdown that i had pinned all my hopes and as it seems that my sanity too in this film.

 

1 comment: